SECTION I – GENERAL
1. Final registration is 5:30pm to 6:30 pm, August 25th, 2017 at Plantation on Crystal River – at “the point”. The Captain or his/her representative from each registered boat must attend final registration/captains meeting to receive the Captain’s information. The mandatory Captain’s Meeting will begin at 6:30pm and finish by 10pm. (Event open to all team members and guest)
2. This is a Grouper, Kingfish, and Redfish HEAVIEST FISH tournament, only the heaviest fish will be weighted if you have more than one fish in a category. You can weigh in multiple categories.
3. Prizes are limited to ONE PER SPECIES with the exception of Tournament within a Tournament prizes. All prizes will be awarded to the registered Captain.
4. Captains and crews are responsible for following all Federal, State, and local fishing and boating laws.
5. This is self check-out tournament. Your attendance at the captains meeting is your check-in. You are allowed to leave docks at 12:00am on Saturday 8/26/2017.
6. We recommend boats having an operating 25-watt VHF radio on board. The tournament channel is VHF channel 72. Not required.
7. The following apply after check-out and before a boat has weighed-in: No boats are to come together, unless an emergency exists. No boat may make landfall; or receive or pass anything to or from land. At NO circumstance my another boat, or angler come in contact with a fish that another boat has caught. This rule also applies in the weigh-in line, and/or on land. Each boat is responsible for the fish they weigh.
8. This is a Captain’s choice tournament. Go/No Go weather decisions will be made by the Tournament Committee, but the decision to take a boat to sea is left to the Captain of the vessel who is legally responsible for the safety of the vessel and it’s crew. SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST.
9. No refund of entry fees, unless the Tournament Committee cancels the Tournament. In that case, prorated entry fees will be returned. TWT fees are not refundable.
BOUNDARIES: Tarpon Springs to Cedar Key and 100 miles West, MUST ATTEND THE CAPTAINS MEETING AND MUST BE PRESENT AND ON TIME FOR WEIGH-IN EVENT.
SECTION II – WEIGH-IN:
1. Weigh-in will be at “the point” at Plantation on Crystal River. All fish must be brought to the weigh station by boat or foot. Weigh-in times are 4:00pm. till 5:30pm. on Saturday. In order to be in line for weigh-in boats representatives must be in line, ON LAND prior to the weigh in time and acknowledged by the tournament committee. No live weigh in required.
2. Only 1 fish per category will be weighed from each team. Boat Captains are responsible to determine which fish will be weighed. Hooks must be removed from all fish prior to bringing fish to the scales.
3. Each boat is responsible for transporting their fish to the Weigh-station under their own power. Fish dropped overboard during weigh-in will be disqualified. One person must remain with the fish and sign the Weigh Slip.
4. Fish must be weighed on the day caught to be eligible.
5. No mutilated fish will be weighed. Mutilation is defined as any damage, which impairs the fish’s fighting ability. The Weigh Master will make all decisions regarding mutilation.
6. In case of tied weights, the winner will be determined by the earliest weigh-in slip number.
SECTION IV – PROTESTS
If a protest is made, it must be submitted no later than 30 minutes after the last fish is weighed for that day’s competition. Any protest must be made in writing, signed by the person lodging the protest, and be accompanied by a $200 cash deposit. The decision to uphold or deny the protest will be made within a timely manner after the protest, and any and all decisions will be final and irrevocable. If the Tournament Committee upholds the protest, the deposit will be refunded.
NOTICE: ALL ENTRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO A POLYGRAPH TEST TO RECEIVE A PRIZE. THESE ARE THE REEL ACTION PROMOTIONS TOURNAMENT RULES. ANY LAST MINUTE ADDITIONS OR CHANGES DEEMED NECESSARY BY THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE WILL BE PRESENTED AT THE CAPTAIN’S MEETING. ANY RULES NOT SO PRESENTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OFFICIAL.